Skip to main content

This Mom take charge and stays active throughout her 2nd birth and was rewarded intact perineum.


5th August 2019
Surges started around 8.30pm after my workout session. Lasting a few minutes in 30 minutes gap.

6th August 2019
Surges became mild in the morning but I had an instinct that baby was due anytime.

Had lotsss of durian and super spicy nasi goreng for dinner. I was simply treating myself without guilt as I won't be able to indulge in them for quite some time after delivery. It definitely boosted my oxytocin.
10.00pm Surges became 15 minutes apart but still bearable. Went to sleep.
7th August 2019
4.00am Surges were strong and I couldn't continue sleeping. Informed husband to be on standby.

6.30am Surges were 10 minutes apart but I was still able to lie down, chat and laugh. Was having intimate moments with hubby to spike up more oxytocin. I wasn't stressed about making the baby come faster this time, I was genuinely spending time with him as I will be gone for confinement for quite long.
8.30am Surges were 5 minutes apart. It took my breath away and I had to use the birth ball to ride the surges. We prepared to leave for the hospital. Was hugging the birth ball in 4 legged position at the back seat while on the way.
9.30am Reached hospital and got VE checked. 6cm dilated. Was so happy and amazed at myself that I could still find it bearable. Alhamdulillah.
1.30pm After checking in at the ward, I kept riding the surges on the birth ball, walked, did squats. The surges were getting more intense, more closer. I was exhausted since I could not enjoy my meal with the surges and hence was starving. I slept on the birth ball while being supported by walls at the corner of the room. The sleep was light and interrupted by the surges but very much relieving and refreshing.
3.00pm Had VE checked when I told the doctor I had a slight pushing sensation. I was only 7cm and doctor told me it's not time yet. I was stressed why did the labor start to slow down.
4.00pm Went to have a hot shower while riding the surges while bending myself over and moving my hips. While I was in shower, I started to feel dizzy from all the sauna effect due to the hot shower. Husband kept supplying me with dates and fresh fruit juice that my mother brought.It energised me and the pain was much more bearable eventhough I could feel the waves getting stronger.
4.30pm came out of the shower, immediately called for the doctor. The last stage of labour was happening and I got up the bed. I told my husband to put the bed up and I held onto its head rail while spreading my legs. Husband supported my legs and also guided me on breathing out the baby. I tried my best not to scream but my instincts badly wanted to vocalise. The more I vocalised, the more relief I felt weirdly. My husband taught me to breathe out the baby but I couldn't follow him closely as I was too busy taking the flow into my own hands.
4. 45pm After 5 pushes, I finally felt the ring of fire. Once baby's head was out, I gave 1 final push to expel the body and there he was! I looked underneath my legs to find my baby. I went to instinctly pick him up and forgot that he is still attached to the umbilical cord. Haha. I had to turn and lie down on my back first before I could carry him. Once I lied down, he was placed on my chest.
I cried my heart out. I was overwhelmed with joy and I cried until my eyeballs were going to fall. The doctors even got confused why I was crying so much when everything went smoothly.
The placenta came out in a couple of minutes naturally. Husband cut the cord once it stopped pulsating. Dr checked and said there was no need for stitches. I couldn't believe my ears as I thought I could have done a better job at breathing out the baby.
Husband recited the azan and the iqamaah while crying too. I fell in love with him more than ever. I stroked his face and wiped those tears of joy as I smiled. And in that very moment, I uttered Alhamdulillah from the depths of my heart to experience all this joy at once.
...
Note:
Surges = Contraction
Birth ball = Gymball

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bayi engaged itu perlukah untuk melahirkannya?

(Kisah kelahiran yang dikongsi oleh pembaca buku Formula Bersalin Tenang: Tip dan Mudah Cara Kelahiran Untuk Si Ibu) Warning: Kisah ini agak panjang, harap kalian sudi baca sampai habis. ^_^ . Salah satu dugaan saya masa mengandungkan Ayra dihujung kehamilan sekitar minggu ke-38 adalah isu engagement. Pergi weekly check up di KK, misi cakap kepala Ayra oblique, dan kebiasaanya bagi primi (kandungan pertama) kepala baby akan engaged bermula pada minggu ke-36. Misi pun refer saya kepada doktor. Lepas skan, doktor KK merujuk pada pakar dan saya dimaklumkan oleh doctor pakar untuk warded bagi kes "unstable lie" untuk memantau kedudukan bayi melalui carta selama 3 hari 2 malam. Doktor: Puan Azaina perlu warded ye. Kita akan hantar ke Hospital Beufort.  Saya : Ha?? *speechless*. (Tiba-tiba rasa mahu menangis dan macam nak pengsan. Yalah, baru sahaja ambil cuti awal selepas 3 hari lapor diri, kononnya mehu berehat di rumah selepas penat berulang-alik antara Membak

Apa Yang Doktor Anda Tidak Beritahu Tentang Episiotomi

Mitos #1 – Potongan lurus melalui guntingan episiotomi cepat sembuh berbanding koyakan semulajadi. ** Fakta: Kajian membuktikan koyakan kecil yang hanya mencarik permukaan kulit vagina lebih cepat sembuh berbanding kesan gunting yang sudah pasti menembusi lapisan kedua kulit dan otot vagina. Doktor sememangnya lebih suka menjahit koyakan lurus berb anding koyakan di merata tempat akibat rekahan sel-sel. Tanpa perlu jahitan, sel-sel koyakan akan bertaut semula dan mengambil sedikit masa. Cuba fikir adakah kita akan bergegas ke hospital untuk menjahit luka kecil walau terhiris pisau sekalipun? Mitos #2 – Koyakan semula jadi semasa melahirkan berkemungkinan akan melarat sehingga ke kawasan anus(rectum). ** Fakta: Kajian membuktikan bila vagina telah melalui episiotiomi, koyakan akan lebih besar tambahan pula jika berlaku serentak koyakan semula jadi. Risiko koyak lebih meningkat dengan prosedur episiotomi. Mitos #3 – Seorang wanita akan rendah risik

Bayi Songsang Pun Boleh

“Breech is just a variation of normal presentation. Even breech still can birth vaginally. Bayi songsang bukan terus kita katakan tak boleh bersalin’normal’ atau lebih tepat bersalin secara vaginal.”  Bersemangat saya menyampaikan maklumat ini dengan harapan anak didik yang hadir kelas persediaan bersalin tersemat ilmunya. . Baru hendak buka mulut untuk menyuruh mereka rujuk pada buku teks yang dibekalkan dalam kelas untuk topik tadi, saya dipotong oleh satu suara kagum,”Oh patutlah.” . Saya menoleh ke arah dari mana suara itu datang,”Apa yang patut Mir?” . “Saya pernah sambut bayi songsang secara vaginal dulu, Sis Hanz. Okay sahaja. Tiada permasalahan.” . Amir (bukan nama sebenar) ialah seorang doktor di sebuah hospital kerajaan dalam ibu negara. Beliau hadir ke kelas bersama isterinya yang sarat hamil anak kedua. . “Ceritalah pada kami, Mir, pengalaman sambut bayi songsang tu.” Dorongan saya disambut dengan anggukkan dua lagi pasangan merangkap rakan seke